Image: Heidrun Löhr
Safety in Numbers
Safety in Numbers is a new dance theatre work from director Samantha Chester. The work explores memory, aftermath, human geology and ideas of safety. Set in the aftershock of an earthquake, five people find themselves trapped together to wrestle with the possibility that this could be the end. Inspired by the true stories of disaster survivors, Safety in Numbers’ asks the question, who do you want to be at the moment of impact? Is it the money you have, the clothes that you wear or is it the small things in life, the intimate details, which make it rich and full of value especially when we know things are not built to last.
The development of Safety in Numbers was supported by the Culminate Lab produced by Force Majeure and presented by Carriageworks and Performance Space.
- Director & Choreographer: Samantha Chester
- Performers & Makers: Danielle Micich, Gavin Clarke, Simon Corfield, Leeke Griffin & Anya Mckee
- Design Concept: David Fleischer
- Sound Design: Ekrem Mulayim
- Producers: Readymade Works Inc & Artful Management
- Location: Lennox Theatre, Riverside
- Date: 9 – 12 April 2014, 8PM
- Learn the repertoire: Thursday 10 April 2014, 10AM See the show: 12.30PM Matinee with Q & A
- Tickets: Adult $28* / Concession $25*
- School Tickets: Workshop & Show $25 / Show Only $20
*Transaction fees apply