S by Circa
Image: Darcy Grant Photography
Circa’s Helpmann Award-winning ensemble creation S is a full-throttle ride to the limits of the human body.
Based on the 19th letter of the English Alphabet, S fuses group acrobatics with intimate emotions. Artistic Director Yaron Lifschitz was inspired to create an abstract work of power and joy – inspired by the curves, symmetries and plurality which are all attributes of this one letter.
On a floating white diamond stage, seven extraordinary acrobats bend, fly, contort and hang – sometimes alone, and others in a tangle of bodies. Dramatic acrobatics, athletic aerial acts and powerful solos are all infused with raw immediacy and beauty.
S features the world-renowned Circa ensemble with the intoxicating music of the Kronos Quartet to create a symphony of bodies.
“Yaron has elevated the way Australia perceives circus, both nationally and internationally. The extraordinary transformation that he has taken that company through… I mean remarkable.” – Cate Blanchett
- Creator: Yaron Lifschitz & The Circa Ensemble
- Director: Yaron Lifschitz
- Production Manager/Lighting Designer: Jason Organ
- Costume Design: Libby McDonnell
- Music: Kimmo Pohjonen & Samuli Kosminen
- Location: Riverside Theatre
- Dates: Thur 21 Aug 8:00pm, Fri 22 Aug 8:00pm, Sat 23 Aug 2:00pm & 8:00pm
- Tickets: Adult $48* / Concession $43 / Under 30 $38 / Full-Time Student $31
*Transaction Fees Apply