Adult Dance Classes- Online
Try it out! First class free!
Tuesdays 26 May- 28 July 2020
Join any Tuesday in the term
Registration, Enquiries and payment:
(02) 9806 5609 or email@example.com
A Zoom link to join class will be emailed to you after your register
$10 per class or $50 per 5 classes (bank transfer)
If you experience financial difficulties due to COVID 19, please contact us and we will arrange a free pass for you. Small donations are equally welcome.
What to wear:
Comfy non-restrictive clothing, soft shoes or bare feet.
The one hour online at home classes are designed for adults who are eager to dance to classic tunes in a joyful spirit. Classes will include soft stretches suited to everyone’s ability as well as a combination of contemporary, tap and disco routines.
“I loved Diane’s over 50 dance classes, They were so important to health and well-being.” (Paticipant 2018)
“The health benefits of dancing for seniors range from improving your physical health to creating strong social connections that increase your sense of well-being” (Paljug 2017).
Attending an online class:
- Book your class in advance, at least 24 hours prior to class.
- To register email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, and mobile phone contact details.
- Download the Zoom software to your computer by clicking HERE. Press HERE for instructions for joining a meeting.
- Prior to class ensure you have a safe space to dance in and move away any hazardous objects. If you feel any discomfort you must inform the teacher and stop immediately.
- We recommend joining each session 10 minutes prior to class to ensure your video and sound are working. Before class begins, click the speaker’s view option and press the mute button. If you have a question during the class you can ‘unmute¹ yourself and ask. Keep your video open so that the teacher can see you and instruct you when necessary.
FORM Dance Projects including employees, contractors and board assume no responsibility for injuries suffered while practicing through your online classes and you take full responsibility for your body and the space/equipment you use.
Image release: in participating in the online class you agree that Zoom classes may be recorded for documentation and archival purposes. Screenshots may be taken at times for promotional and acquittal purposes.
Diane Busuttil- Lead Teacher
Diane holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Dance from The University of Western Sydney and more recently a Masters Degree from Macquarie University. In 2000, she was awarded a DAAD scholarship to study at The International Women’s University in Germany, where she remained for the next 15 years working in dance theatre and performing internationally with a diverse range of artistic groups throughout Europe, Canada and the USA. Diane also writes, directs and produces short films that have received critical acclaim from various International film festivals. Since returning to Australia in 2015 to care for her father with dementia, Diane initiated Creative Caring that brings dance classes within reach of all people with chronic movement restrictions, with a focus on community building as well as enhancing health and well-being for seniors.