This is more than dance. This is the future as you have never seen before. Dancers perform horizontally and vertically, interacting with a multi-media light show that responds to their every movement. So marvellous, so absolutely mesmerising is this spectacle of light, movement and music that it will change any preconceived notions you may hold of contemporary dance.
Encoded is an aerial dance performance that uses the latest interactive technologies to build a projected digital environment that responds to the movements of the performers. Visually stunning, it creates a ravishing immersive world of shimmering images that dissolve and reform as the performers sweep across the space.
Encoded is a meditation on the fragility of space and our place within it. It explores how digitised space alters our perceptions of physical space, and how digital media changes our relationship to the body.
- Conception & Director: David Clarkson
- Digital Artists: Andrew Johnston, Alejandro Rolandi & Sam Clarkson
- Choreographer: Paul Selwyn Norton
- Composer: Peter Kennard
- Costume Design: Annemaree Dalziel
- Multimedia Dramaturg: Kate Richards
- Lighting Design: Mike Smith
- Location: Riverside Theatre
- Date: Thur 23 Oct 8:00pm, Fri 24 Oct 8:00pm, Sat 25 Oct 8:00pm
- Tickets: Adult $48* / Concession $43 / Under 30 $38 / Full-Time Student $31
*Transaction Fees Apply