Home | Employment & Opportunities | FORM is seeking a new leader, Executive Producer.
FORM is seeking a new leader, Executive Producer.
We are looking for an energetic, dedicated leader with a vision to take FORM into the future.
FORM Dance Projects plays an important role in the Australian dance environment as a producer, presenter and advocate for the independent dance sector. Located within Western Sydney’s vibrant community, FORM builds connections with contemporary dancers from diverse backgrounds to initiate the development and delivery of formative, artist-focused opportunities.
The Executive Producer will work with the executive management (Board and Business Manager) to think laterally about ways to secure the company’s future, ensuring the company is viable and can drive sustainable growth for Western Sydney and the broader Australian cultural landscape.
FORM is a small-medium independent arts organisation operating in a nimble and flexible way. The Executive Producer is responsible for delivering the FORM Dance Projects’ Strategic Plan, by successfully leading and managing a small team across artistic and business planning. Primary responsibilities include envisioning FORM’s future, curatorial direction of FORM’s artistic program, advocacy and partner development, researching and securing funding, and commissioning and producing dance projects.
- An inspirational creative leader, and an excellent communicator who can share their vision and energise others with their passion and professional ethics.
- Demonstrated successful experience at a senior executive level in an arts environment; highly developed capacity to lead an organisation with financial and business acumen; experience in developing and delivering strategic plans, and an excellent track record in grant funding, within government and philanthropy sector.
- Substantial knowledge of dance and performance network in the Australian dance sector, as well as relevant tertiary qualifications (and/or work-based experience).
- Strong relationship building and advocacy skills, and can develop and secure arts and cross-sectorial partnerships to realise projects.
- Strong capabilities in organisation and administration, curatorial programming and creative producing skills.
- Self-motivated and committed to work as a part of a team in a cooperative and creative environment with the board, team, artists and volunteers.
To apply please email an EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (outlining your suitability for the role addressing the selection criteria, and your reasons for applying) with your CV and TWO REFEREES to FORM Dance Projects Business Manager, Sally Ebert at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Midnight AEDT, Tuesday 7 March 2023.
If you have any questions, or would like more information regarding FORM Dance Projects and the position please email FORM Dance Projects Chair, Mark Lillis at email@example.com.
Why join our team
FORM Dance Projects is a dynamic presenter and producer of Australian contemporary dance, based in Parramatta, Western Sydney. FORM’s purpose is to rigorously support independent Australian dance artists and develop audiences for contemporary dance. FORM values experimentation and risk taking, diversity and inclusivity, collaboration and cross-generational exchange.
FORM’s program spans four key areas – presentation and producing, education, community engagement and audience development. The interconnectedness of these activities is vital for a wider appreciation of Australian dance culture in a shifting contemporary context.
The organisation holds a well-established position (25 years in 2025) and is nationally recognised for its work. The next two years provides time to ensure that FORM Dance Projects is future fit and future proofed to deliver its mission and to continue its critical support of independent dance in Australia.
FORM Dance Projects has a very small team (Business Manager part-time and Producer part-time). Each team member understands, supports and on occasion covers the role of the other. This offers a dynamic opportunity for growth and experience within a lead organisation in the Australian arts sector.
Download Position Description HERE